Lexus Trademarks LS-FC Concept in the USA

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
17-05-01-lexus-lf-fc-concept.jpg

Is there a new fuel cell concept on the way?
View the original article post

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
This is great news, but I'd be very excited if Lexus made a production version to the concept pictured above. It's just too sexy to not be made.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
^I have a feeling that the refreshed 5LS will look like the LF-FC concept. That's how Lexus seems to be going lately.

Concept --> Slightly watered down production version --> refreshed version is closer to concept.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Good looking car! Akio Toyoda said that we should expect a fuel cell Lexus by 2020; my bet is that it will be the LS-FC (pictured above). I have serious doubts that there will be a LS F any time soon.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
^I have a feeling that the refreshed 5LS will look like the LF-FC concept. That's how Lexus seems to be going lately.

Concept --> Slightly watered down production version --> refreshed version is closer to concept.

We know that the production version in this case was done before the concept, but the end result is certainly the same.

mordecai

Follower
Reactions
*patiently waiting for cmk's post*

Agree with Peter, I think this is the Fuel Cell car that will be very close to the production model or at least not as concept-like as the LF-FC. Interesting that this is named LS-FC and does not use the "LF" or "Lexus Future" nomenclature, which to me indicates it will be heavily based on the production LS.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
Interesting that this is named LS-FC and does not use the "LF" or "Lexus Future" nomenclature, which to me indicates it will be heavily based on the production LS.
It seems that Lexus is moving away from the LF-xx protocol for naming their concept cars. I'd say it started when they realized that their concept predictor for the UX sub-compact crossover line would be teased and ridiculed mercilessly as L-FUX if they'd stuck to the predicted LF-UX badge. Hence, it became the UX Concept. And note that the word "Concept" is part of the LS-FC trademark.

On a side note, I can't believe that a "professional" automotive writer like AutoGuide's Jason Siu could get it so wrong when deciphering the LS-FC Concept's significance. The very first post-article comment called him out on it...

Reactions
Quite strange, here at LEXUS OF PALM BEACH in the Internet Sales dept, we just got 3 in a row leads regarding this vehicle!

Lead Type:Website-Fast Track - LWFT34100000-LC Leads to Dealer |Default

[Vehicle]
- Unknown Vehicle:LF-LC