Lexus Enthusiast Podcast Episode 9: Interview with Lexus USA General Manager Jeff Bracken

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-10-06-lexus-general-manager-jeff-bracken.jpg

Jeff has been in charge of Lexus in the USA since 2013, and is responsible for all aspects of U.S. Lexus automotive operations.
View the original article post

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Don't see it in the Lexus Enthusiast podcast from my phone (using Podbean)... However, I'll connect to it via lexusenthusiast.com from my phone's browser and listen to it on my commute to work!

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Cool to hear from Jeff, and it sounds like Lexus has some exciting product in the pipeline. I wish he could say more!

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I liked this one, would love to hear from him again after they announce some more product.

nabbun

Premium Member
Reactions
Loved the interview.

A message to Lexus:

I can't wait until Lexus adopts Android Auto and Apple car play. Give people what they want. Not some dinky software that sucks. My family has owned Lexus vehicles since the brand's inception. I want to see Lexus innovate. Enform is ever so slightly better than Entune. The 2012 Camry hybrid i had drove me crazy with Entune. I punched and broke the screen in frustration! So, it's not saying much.

P.S. bring back the fancier key fobs. These Toyota key fobs are cheap and embarrassing. Thank god I never have to take them out of my pocket because you'd think I'm driving a corolla and not a GS 350. It's so embarrassing.

Reactions
Lexus wont be adopting carplay and android auto. Toyota decided to go with "Smart Device Link" over carplay or android auto. Stupid decision in my opinion. They think they can do a better job than Apple or Google. :/

macrumors.com/2016/01/04/toyota-smartdevicelink-over-carplay/

nabbun

Premium Member
Reactions
I agree. It's stupid. I can't believe I have to actually consider buying a different brand to get a feature that I want.

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
Lexus wont be adopting carplay and android auto. Toyota decided to go with "Smart Device Link" over carplay or android auto. Stupid decision in my opinion. They think they can do a better job than Apple or Google. :/

macrumors.com/2016/01/04/toyota-smartdevicelink-over-carplay/
It's like what Nokia did a few years ago to stick with Symbian instead of adopting android, now they have finally made the switch after falling behind!