Sriracha-Themed Lexus IS Debuts at LA Auto Show

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-11-14-lexus-steering-wheel-la-autoshow.jpg

Lexus USA teases a reveal for this week's auto show in Los Angeles.
View the original article post

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
At first I thought it could be an RC convertible, but the colors seem very radical and concept-like, so I'm also guessing that this is a themed RC F or something along those lines.

D

DDas

Don't think that's a steering wheel. The only place you should see such a warning is on something that would get extremely hot; like an exhaust pipe.

But then again .. it could be a tacky xmas surprise. LOL
It's not saying that the object can get hot lmao. It's saying "hot handling" meaning the vehicle has "hot handling." It's a play on words. It's definitely a steering wheel.

OlFius

Founding Member
Reactions
If this is a steering wheel, it will be for sure 'hot handling' in the summer.
But Lexus is also busy with other things than cars ... I don't know.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
Definitely an IS looking at the headlights, but I don't think it's in Molten Pearl, Maybe derived from the paint color,but there seems to be some yellow specs in the paint as well, or is that how Molten Pearl looks? I have never seen it up close. I doubt it is an IS F but the hot colour suggests otherwise. Maybe a modified show car, but SEMA was just a while ago. I don't know about this TBH.

Mohammed Taha

Founding Member
Reactions
Definitely an IS looking at the headlights, but I don't think it's in Molten Pearl, Maybe derived from the paint color,but there seems to be some yellow specs in the paint as well, or is that how Molten Pearl looks? I have never seen it up close. I doubt it is an IS F but the hot colour suggests otherwise. Maybe a modified show car, but SEMA was just a while ago. I don't know about this TBH.

You're right .. doesn't look like the molten pearl. But new stitching on the car means this has got to be either a well executed mod or Lexus showing off a concept.

I think it's about time Lexus released an IS F and I think this is it with a new exclusive paint as well.

Mohammed Taha

Founding Member
Reactions
It's not saying that the object can get hot lmao. It's saying "hot handling" meaning the vehicle has "hot handling." It's a play on words. It's definitely a steering wheel.

Probably right seeing that the paint is the same color but easy on the "LMAO" ... you could've said it in a more respectful way. :)

Mohammed Taha

Founding Member
Reactions
Lexus is on roll this year ... it has been consistently disappointing. Yes the LC is exciting news but everything else is meh. Like they couldn't be bothered.

What's been exciting this year? Tesla, new E class, new 5 Series, Audi moving up in reliability ... the Ford Mustang coming to the UK.

I'm not sure what's going on over at their offices but they're on a downward spiral. They've lost the plot and no one gives a **** ... What do you do with this right now?

Just imaging their marketing campaign and their twitter staff sitting there trying to think of a way they can market this **** and at the same time Mercedes USA is tweeting this ...

You can't make this **** up.