Video: Lexus LC 500h Stars in New Hybrid Commercial

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-10-03-lexus-lc-500h-hybrid.jpg

The new coupe is the star in this latest commercial from Lexus USA.
View the original article post

Black Dynamite

Follower
Reactions
Honestly, I don't like the use of the LC several months before its launch, for any reason, much less to promote hybrid tech.
All you did was over-expose the LC.
BD

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I think the 500h might be one of the best sounding hybrids thanks to its NA engine.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
Honestly, I don't like the use of the LC several months before its launch, for any reason, much less to promote hybrid tech.
BD
I think I agree, but on the other hand, it gets people excited about the Lexus brand and everyone will be searching up "Lexus Coupes" and stuff.

OlFius

Founding Member
Reactions
BD

Over-exposure the LC ? Looking at all those commercials of Merc, Audi, BMW in my region (West-Europe), that's over-exposure.
But Lexus, I've still have to explain what is Lexus, full-hybrid,... it's more under-exposure in my region.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
The LC's awesome every time you see it. I don't think it *can* be over-exposed unless it somehow sells in RX-like numbers.

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
This is the European version of the new Lexus Hybrid Drive commercial featuring the LC 500h. This one is currently running in France. Same claim 'Always charged, always ready'. In my opinion: great ad, very subtle.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
BD

I somewhat agree with this since on the one hand it dilutes the launch come April/May 2017, but on the other hand, it injects some spice and interest to the current Lexus lineup.

isanatori

Follower
Reactions
Same claim 'Always charged, always ready'. In my opinion: great ad, very subtle.

Toyota have been using this moto as the greatest advantage of the hybrid system against plug-ins and Ev's, since the prius introduction about 20 years ago. Due to journalists anti-Toyota agenda, public opinion never realized how true is this. Most people don't realize that Toyota/Lexus hybrids are more efficient, because they use free energy! Their battery EV range is only 1 mile, but more than 50% of your trip distance is free no matter how long is your trip! The HSD/LHD systems recharge the tiny battery, using energy otherwise wasted. This is not just electric energy, it is free energy instead! They use a similar technology on Hydrogen Mirai.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Toyota have been using this moto as the greatest advantage of the hybrid system against plug-ins and Ev's, since the prius introduction about 20 years ago. Due to journalists anti-Toyota agenda, public opinion never realized how true is this. Most people don't realize that Toyota/Lexus hybrids are more efficient, because they use free energy! Their battery EV range is only 1 mile, but more than 50% of your trip distance is free no matter how long is your trip! The HSD/LHD systems recharge the tiny battery, using energy otherwise wasted. This is not just electric energy, it is free energy instead! They use a similar technology on Hydrogen Mirai.

German PHEVs are only good on paper.

isanatori

Follower
Reactions
German PHEVs are only good on paper.
But, they have the media support. It is plain as day how those who had been criticising the trailblazer first and second gen prius about their huge heavy weight environmentally hazardous batteries, being responsible for compromised handling and harsh ride, suddenly forgoten all these cons after. It is apparent their agenda has been changed.

Last edited:

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
But, they have the media support.
Unfortunately, not only media support. In a lot of countries in Europe there is also fiscal government support based on the official CO2 output... which often pushes sales of plug-ins higher than non-plug-in hybrids. Even if it is clear that avg consumption in day to day use is higher for plug-ins, because they're rarely plugged in...

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
I somewhat agree with this since on the one hand it dilutes the launch come April/May 2017, but on the other hand, it injects some spice and interest to the current Lexus lineup.

I don't understand "over exposed" at all. IMO the LC 500h positions Lexus more in line with advanced super car hybrids (Porsche 918 and Acura NSX) and how can it be a bad thing?