New Lexus Supercar Could be Decades Away

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-11-12-lexus-lfa-decades-away-400x200.jpg

Lexus International executive vice-president Mark Templin has put the brakes on the rumor of a next-generation LFA coming any time soon.
View the original article post

Reactions: Den
D

DDas

I don't think we will be waiting 30 years, but I do think we will be waiting a while. I commend Lexus for now focusing on their F models and more emotional vehicles like the LF-LC production. I think that is what's best for the brand right now. Buyers want to see a variety of fun cars and that's what Lexus is striving to offer. Having an LC, all-new LS, GSF, maybe an LSF, and possibly an RC convertible or roadster, will help more than offering a supercar that only few can afford.

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
They're still developing that 1,000 HP four cylinder engine they're so keen on dropping into every model.

Hemi

Premium Member
Reactions
I dont believe that Lexus will build another LFA in 30 years. That is too pesimistic from Toyoda, my bet is roughly 10 years .

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I think LC F will probably be nipping on the LFA's heels in terms of performance.

Feel and driving pleasure? Maybe not. But otherwise? Bet on it.

Reactions: CIF

mikeavelli

Reactions
Well there are different approaches to the supercar. The LFA was a shot at the best, it wasn't an entry level exotic.

I just feel they obviously know how to build a car considered to be one of the best ever and why would you wait a long time to follow it up?

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Good points everyone. I don't think we literally will have to wait 30 years for the next exotic supercar Lexus.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Lexus should be building supercars like ferrari and stop making the CT and ES for toyota.

that's what i keep saying
CT / HS should be Corolla and it will make the Corolla unique in it's class
ES R&D and design money if combined with Avalon and Camry , we will have amazing Camry and XTS like Avalon

NX & RX go to the RWD as IX & GX respectively
LX be the LS / LC based CUV
and the current GX & LX with the Tundra , Tacoma , Hilux , 4Runner , LC200 , Prado , Fotruner and Innova all re-branded under the LandCruiser brand as total body on frame SUV brand

then all will have a neat sporty European lux. brand "Lexus"
near lux. with reasonable prices "Toyota"
affordable Landrover competitor brand "Landcruiser"

Last edited:

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
No way this is the aim of the sport versions of Corolla in 80th , 90th and early 2000s

nabbun

Premium Member
Reactions
No way this is the aim of the sport versions of Corolla in 80th , 90th and early 2000s

How does a vehicle from decades ago affect the marketing and sales of a current vehicle in production? You mean to tell me that the Corolla from 30 years ago is supposed to sell and compete against today's Ford Focus RS?

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Yes exactly
the main heritage of corolla is cheap price sport small family car
now just small family car we can say even little big to be small family car , and of course not sporty at all , and nor luxurious also

the next Corolla need to return to it's main roots
be sporty , have TRD version with real hp and torque number bumping
more stable and dedicated in it's sporty version , whatever they will call it Corolla Gs or Corolla TRD
both Sedan and Hatchback have to compete with like Acura / Audi / MB & BMW small offering

being No.1 you should care more about raising the bar . some people with say the typical corolla user may not want it luxurious "this is complete fault"
another people will debate the sporty feel and the road feel will not be good as the typical corolla used want something smooth from A- B, my answer this is exactly the same case of the HS / CT luxurious but not sporty . send them to Toyota under Corolla nameplate and create a real top end sporty car with this new engine found in the Yaris of the rally

nabbun

Premium Member
Reactions
Yes exactly
the main heritage of corolla is cheap price sport small family car
now just small family car we can say even little big to be small family car , and of course not sporty at all , and nor luxurious also

the next Corolla need to return to it's main roots
be sporty , have TRD version with real hp and torque number bumping
more stable and dedicated in it's sporty version , whatever they will call it Corolla Gs or Corolla TRD
both Sedan and Hatchback have to compete with like Acura / Audi / MB & BMW small offering

being No.1 you should care more about raising the bar . some people with say the typical corolla user may not want it luxurious "this is complete fault"
another people will debate the sporty feel and the road feel will not be good as the typical corolla used want something smooth from A- B, my answer this is exactly the same case of the HS / CT luxurious but not sporty . send them to Toyota under Corolla nameplate and create a real top end sporty car with this new engine found in the Yaris of the rally

I think I get what you're getting at. However, I don't agree with you. Why would a used car compete with a new car? Why would a modern day Toyota Yaris compete against the Audi RS3?
Toyota isn't Hyundai. Toyota has Lexus to compete with MB, BMW, Audi. Toyotas should compete with other mainstream brands lie Ford, Honda, Hyundai.
The reason why I brought up the CT-F in comparison to a Ford Focus RS US because the hatchback performance bar is set pretty high with vehicles like the Ford. True, it's not luxury like the CT but, that's not the point. Hatchback competition is fierce globally and Lexus admits it was weak with just 1 powertrain option. Lexus has committed to wowing us all with future updates and new models. I simply requested a super hot hatch. You haven't added anything to this topic in relation to what op has posted. Stay aboard dude.