Spotted: Lexus LC 500 in Ultrasonic Blue

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-01-25-lexus-lc-500-in-blue-400x200.jpg

Motor.es has spotted an Ultrasonic Blue Lexus LC 500 filming a promotional video in Costa de Almería, Spain.
View the original article post

Reactions
Hmmm..... as far as I know Ultrasonic Blue 2.0 is suppose to be Fsport or F car only?? So does this means there is a LC500 Fsport along the "Luxury" edition of LC500?

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
Shouldn't the color be called Opal Blue, because the LF-LC concept was shown in blue at the Australian Auto Show with the color based on the Opal Stone? Would be cool if it will.

D

DDas

Looks good in my favorite Lexus color! Maybe they're testing the F version in mule form...? Maybe, because USB is associated with F/FSport. Anyways, fantastic! Can't wait to see it in orange, white, black, and grey!

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Hmmm..... as far as I know Ultrasonic Blue 2.0 is suppose to be Fsport or F car only?? So does this means there is a LC500 Fsport along the "Luxury" edition of LC500?

Talk around the Detroit Auto Show was that there would be no F SPORT variant of the LC. I was told that everyone buying this car would expect it to have the best possible performance, and that an F SPORT appearance package is off-putting.

Remains to be seen if this is true, but I have no reason to doubt it.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Looks good in my favorite Lexus color! Maybe they're testing the F version in mule form...? Maybe, because USB is associated with F/FSport. Anyways, fantastic! Can't wait to see it in orange, white, black, and grey!

From the article, it appears that a promotional video was being filmed. This is not a test mule.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
LC is special car so it doesnt need a sport trim to use USB color

I am a HUGE ambassador of USB - heck I own one and wouldn't have it any other color on the IS, BUT, for some reason it "lessens" the panache of the LC. o_O So I agree with you and for the first time ever, not liking USB, at least from this pic.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Talk around the Detroit Auto Show was that there would be no F SPORT variant of the LC. I was told that everyone buying this car would expect it to have the best possible performance, and that an F SPORT appearance package is off-putting.

Remains to be seen if this is true, but I have no reason to doubt it.

Exactly mine and a couple other members' thoughts that we posted a while back. ;) The only other (future) variant will be the all out twin-turbo V8 "F"ire-breather :D

Reactions: RAL

RAL

Reactions
I am hoping an entirely new and exclusive color will be created for the LC to accentuate it as flagship! I wonder how such a color would be characterized? bold, elegant, and premium ...

Last edited:

mwyf

Founding Member
Reactions
Shouldn't the color be called Opal Blue, because the LF-LC concept was shown in blue at the Australian Auto Show with the color based on the Opal Stone? Would be cool if it will.
Like you, I really hope that they realise the Opal Blue colour - that colour looked amazing on the LF-LC. It would no doubt look brilliant on the LC as well. The thing is though, the colour of the spotted LC does appear to be the Ultrasonic Blue/Ultrasonic Blue 2.0
Opal Blue has a cooler tone, whilst being darker, stronger and more complex. USB is warmer and more emotional.