Lexus LC Convertible to be Introduced in 2018?

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-01-18-lexus-lc-convertible-400x200.jpg

The Detroit Bureau is reporting that Lexus will offer an LC convertible in 2018.
View the original article post

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
An LC Hybrid is a good idea, but I'm sure it wouldn't get enough sales, since it would be more expensive.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
It's cool that Lexus will expand the LC line which include the LC 500, LC 500h and LC F but Lexus also needs to expand other lines as well such as the CT line with a CT 200h, CT 300h and CT 200t. The IS line needs an IS F and bring in a convertible for the RC line as well...

oem_is300

Founding Member
Reactions
That photoshop looks great, and I'm not usually a fan of convertibles. Still would rather see an F version of this first

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
If we send letters and e-mails to Akio Toyoda-san he can make an IS F happen...
unfortunately nope
because in the normal case with 6 years cycle the next IS will be 2019 model year so it will appear within 2 or 3 years maximum

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
^ Yes, knowing how well Porsche 911 cabs sell in US market alone, quite lucrative...

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
I'm sure its coming..only makes sense...
honestly after i get the GT86 and make a test drive to the RCF
the GT86 is the ultimate driving machine , which makes me asking myself a lot of questions
1)is it true the rumors that the next generation 86 / BRZ will be based on the miata with longer wheelbase ?
2)will we ever see something have the same handling of the 86 in LEXUS lineup , maybe the next 86 with version at LEXUS ?
3)i was so sad with the RCF , in comparing it to the 86 & the M4 , it's heavy & it manage to feel the driver this, will LEXUS fix this mistake in the facelift or wait until the next generation ?
4)if the 86 for me still the ultimate , is it good for me to dream about the agile driving of the LC & Supra ?, or this will broke my heart ?
5)how a company that made the 86 in the lowest spectrum and the LFA in the highest spectrum don't have sport marque ?