New Lexus Vehicle to Debut Next Week at Detroit Auto Show

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-01-08-lexus-world-premiere-graphic-400x200.jpg

Lexus has released a second video preview for their upcoming Detroit Auto Show debut, and it’s a major teaser.
View the original article post

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions
This is the production version of the LFLC.

It looks 95% like the original concept with some small changes particularly at the rear of the vehicle. In my opinion it looks even better than the concept.

Production commences December 2016 with launch in February 2017.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Any chance it's a new ISF? I mean I'm super excited for a high performance sports car/sedan whatever it will be but I have a small glimmer of hope of affording like an ISF and like no chance of SC/LC lol

D

DDas

It looks 95% like the original concept with some small changes particularly at the rear of the vehicle. In my opinion it looks even better than the concept.

Can you give any more detail? lol I'm too excited!

mikeavelli

Reactions

So many sources keep saying how the production car looks better than the concept. Very very exciting!

Reactions

Can you give any more detail? lol I'm too excited!
I don't know a lot of technical detail as I have only seen pictures of the vehicle.

I was struck by how close to the concept the production car is, but Lexus really seem to have been staying close to the concept cars in recent years.

I understand that this car is on a shared platform with the upcoming LS replacement. There are two engines a 5l V8 and a Hybrid.

The interior has the same swoopy stitched door inserts as the concept. They have added a lot of plastic moulding around the rear lights which changes the rear end quite a lot.

Overall I would say the production car is even more aggressively styled than the concept.

I'm sure you will love it.

De Faulk

Fan
Reactions
Any chance it's a new ISF? I mean I'm super excited for a high performance sports car/sedan whatever it will be but I have a small glimmer of hope of affording like an ISF and like no chance of SC/LC lol
I want to see the new IS F so bad! Since I'm in love with the previously generation, I'd like to see the bulge on the hood just like the XE20, a 2nd step power engine and a lightweight bodywork taking experiences from the CCS-R

oem_is300

Founding Member
Reactions
I've been waiting anxiously to see the final production version of the LC, which was previously mentioned to debut at the Detroit show, so thats my guess here too. Really excited, only one week away!

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I don't know a lot of technical detail as I have only seen pictures of the vehicle.

I was struck by how close to the concept the production car is, but Lexus really seem to have been staying close to the concept cars in recent years.

I understand that this car is on a shared platform with the upcoming LS replacement. There are two engines a 5l V8 and a Hybrid.

The interior has the same swoopy stitched door inserts as the concept. They have added a lot of plastic moulding around the rear lights which changes the rear end quite a lot.

Overall I would say the production car is even more aggressively styled than the concept.

Thanks for your insight. Can't wait!

D

DDas

WOW! Thanks! I am beyond excited to see it

Reactions
My excitement is shared with everyone. This LC is gonna be an amazing new car that Lexus IS bringing and it also previews the step Lexus will be taking in the coming years. Thank you to one of the users here for sharing because you just got me even more excited for the unveiling! I really wanna see what that interior looks like

Ploii

Premium Member
Reactions
Excited to see the pre-production model. I wonder if we'll see an AWD variant w/ Front & Rear TVDs.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Yep....looks like it is going to be the LC500. Autoblog has a few details here, but not much.

The article doesn't specifically say, but I think this is also the platform that will be shared with the next Toyota Supra.

700_lexus-lf-lc-oficial-5-1024x680.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/12/05/lexus-lc-500-detroit-auto-show/

Believe it or not, it's been nearly four years since we first saw the Lexus LF-LC Concept. Its swoopy style and spindle grille kicked off a big design revolution for Lexus, and we saw a number of LF-LC design elements work their way onto production cars. But now, rumor has it a full-on production version will see the light of day, and soon.

Motoring.com.au says the LC 500 coupe will show its face at the 2016 Detroit Auto Show in January, and we have little reason to doubt this. In fact, it's kind of been a long time coming. The LC was reportedly approved for production in 2013, and though we were told it might resurrect the SC name, Lexus filed copyright applications for "LC 500" and "LC 500h." Oh, and a prototype of this car was recently spotted testing.

The LC 500 will arrive with – no surprise here – Lexus' naturally aspirated 5.0-liter V8, plucked from the RC F and GS F. That said, Motoring says it could arrive with a new, 10-speed automatic transmission from Aisin. As for the LC 500h, Motoring thinks it'll be powered by a, 3.5-liter V6-based hybrid drive system that could produce something like 470 horsepower – not the current V6/hybrid unit from the GS 450h. A hotter LC F should follow in a couple of years, and earlier reports suggest it could make something like 600 horsepower.

Of course, Lexus refuses to comment on future product speculation, so we don't have any official proof that this is actually happening. But it all makes a lot of sense. Watch this space in two months' time for more details.