New Rumors on the Next-Generation Lexus LS

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-10-25-lexus-ls-concept-fuel-cell-400x200.jpg

Motoring Australia has picked up new rumors on the next-generation Lexus LS from Japanese magazine Best Car.
View the original article post

Reactions: Den

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
i am not good at seeing things, but front does look like it fits that teaser image somewhat... 400hp 3.5l hybrid sounds interesting.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
The top of the grille of the rendering vs the tokyo teaser do not line up and are different in shape. Not sure about the Lincoln Contintal-style side/rear profile, but it looks very imposing, befitting of a flagship! A few more days...!!!

Madi

Fan
Reactions
It's obvious someone toke the RX and LS and mix them up with the Photoshop

The teaser photo of the front light is very different from what we seeing here !!

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
It's obvious someone toke the RX and LS and mix them up with the Photoshop

The teaser photo of the front light is very different from what we seeing here !!
The top of the grille of the rendering vs the tokyo teaser do not line up and are different in shape. Not sure about the Lincoln Contintal-style side/rear profile, but it looks very imposing, befitting of a flagship! A few more days...!!!

teaser is concept that will certainly not be production version... but shots look close to last spy pics we saw, at least to me.

Not sure of the side profile, but we did see c pillar in spy shots different from usual LS.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
I'm a bit skeptical that the LF-S II-FCV moniker suggested by Best Car will actually appear on the concept. The original LF-S concept (unveiled 12 years ago) was actually a predictor for the 3rd-gen GS, not the LS. This was followed 2 years later by the LF-Sh, which did predict the styling of the current (4th-gen) LS.

The LF-Sh's 2005 Tokyo Motor Show debut was followed in early 2006 by the Detroit Auto Show debut of the production 4th-gen LS. Will history repeat a decade later?

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
I really hope the new LS doesn't disappoint in the design department, I really don't want to opt for the S class.

Reactions
https://lexusenthusiast.com/forums/threads/is-this-what-the-next-generation-ls-would-look-like.1134/

Reactions
https://lexusenthusiast.com/forums/threads/is-this-what-the-next-generation-ls-would-look-like.1134/

Ray99

Founding Member
Reactions
My heart pump fast when I see the rendering. Can't wait to see the interior.

Lexus can't afford making a single mistake in this flagship. When I see LS is all about perfection. The same can't be said for S class or any other direct competitors.

Reactions
I am not too concerned about the interior because it will have the BEST interior of any car at any price. But I hope the exterior is not what we see here. For me it is too angular for the most luxurious, flagship and the most important car in the Lexus line up. Hope we will see something in Japan and will nor be disappointed.

Rockville

Fan
Reactions
I don't believe this rendering is consistent with previous renderings which had much less sheet metal folds than this effort. It does capture a lot of the other current models however.
It is exciting to see Lexus invent the future without fear of being too avant garde. Just a few more days of anticipation. The three tier diamond headlight signature is already teased.

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
I am not too concerned about the interior because it will have the BEST interior of any car at any price. But I hope the exterior is not what we see here. For me it is too angular for the most luxurious, flagship and the most important car in the Lexus line up. Hope we will see something in Japan and will nor be disappointed.
I'm confident it will look nothing like that. I'm hoping it looks nothing like the fuel cell model rendering.