The 2016 Lexus GS F: Lexus Enthusiast First Drive Review

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-10-13-lexus-gs-f-hero-image-2-400x200.jpg

Driving the 467 horsepower Lexus GS F both on the streets and track, and learning something along the way.
View the original article post

Reactions
Molten pearl is my new favorite color next to the usb!!! wow...and those seats are gorgeous.

Sabelo

Fan
Reactions
Not to be a fuddy-duddy but can't I have the calipers in Lex' Blue? ..Overall im loving this car, pure V8 rumble is an addiction of mine!

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
This is likely the best review Lexus vehicle in the history of brand... even European (UK) media gave it 4 stars, for instance CAR and Autocar...

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
This is the second GS F review I've read that rates it highly and above the RC F. It looks like Lexus has produced its best car since the LFA and damn, I really want one!

RichieRich

Founding Member
Reactions
Very predictable. One thing GS F will do well is stay clear of a Lexus service department unless it's in for scheduled routine maintenance.
Agreed!!!!!
That is the reason I won't drive any of the other brands anymore. No Matter How Fast they claim to be. The only benefit there, is how fast I get it to the service centers!!
I owned BMW M3, HORRIBLE Reliabilty, Mercedes AMG S55, Bad Reliablity, Cadillac , The worst of the last two mentioned, Got rid of it in 9 months. SMH.... Between My wife and I, we've had 7 Lexus' since 94.
Not a problem with any of them. She Won't Drive anything Else!!!
Just My 2 Cents!!!!

mikeavelli

Reactions
Call me Biased but KREW that review is head and shoulders above everything else I've read which is brief and predictable. I love the colors offered on the GS F.

Will it replace one of our GS or LS F-Sport cars? I'm unsure if this is enough. Its a logical step but some things should defy logic....

Axel

Fan
Reactions
With good chessi, light weight and TVD it will distroy the competition. I'm confident

rayaans

Fan
Reactions
This is the first Lexus which I don't think looks good in White!

Definitely red, blue, black or orange! Anything but White! Too much going on and white sort of clashes with the dark wheels, orange calipers etc

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
This is the first Lexus which I don't think looks good in White!

Definitely red, blue, black or orange! Anything but White! Too much going on and white sort of clashes with the dark wheels, orange calipers etc
Agree, white clashes too much with the black trim and I find it cheapens the look.

Surprisingly, MRM is my favorite color on this car!

@krew: I noticed the Sport S+ selector. Is this similar to the RCF's where the dampers stiffen up in one setting?

Travis

Fan
Reactions
That interior.... I could sit in that car all day long. Beautiful. The colors from factory are awesome.

As far as the competition goes. This car is right on par with them but wont win because its has less power which is obvious. But I believe out of them all the Lexus is the best at the combination of ride comfort reliability and high performance. I cant wait to see how Lexus improves this car down the line and what new engine is gonna replace the Na V8

Look wise... mmmm I love the front end, its just mean and aggressive you kno it means business but the back im not in love with as the front. There something about those taillights that I just dont like. Kind of remind me of what they did with the IS300 taillights. Also i think the tailpipes could be larger in diameter.

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
WAY above my price range but if the V8 is your seduction, I'd grab one now because everything we're reading on this site suggests it's done in the near future and onto the turbo era. You don't need to ask: Matador Red Mica FTW. Amazing front end treatment.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Call me Biased but KREW that review is head and shoulders above everything else I've read which is brief and predictable. I love the colors offered on the GS F.

Appreciate the kind words -- it was a lot of fun to write.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
@krew: I noticed the Sport S+ selector. Is this similar to the RCF's where the dampers stiffen up in one setting?

There are no suspension adjustments through the Drive Mode Select -- only throttle and transmission shifting. My understanding is that it's the same for both the RC F & GS F.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
This is the second GS F review I've read that rates it highly and above the RC F. It looks like Lexus has produced its best car since the LFA and damn, I really want one!

I can't really comment on the value proposition (as I'm a fair distance away from buying an $85k car), but it's easily my favorite vehicle in the current lineup.