The fourth-generation Lexus LS sedan may be entering its ninth year of sales, but that hasn’t stopped Lexus engineers from making some improvements — here is a full list of updates for the 2016 model year:
- Body adhesive added to additional areas for enhanced body rigidity
- Enhanced multimedia system with full screen navigation
- Remote Touch Interface with enter and back buttons
- New exterior colors: Eminent White Pearl replaces Starfire Pearl; Atomic Silver added
- Available Lexus Enform Service Connect
- Available runflat summer tires for LS gas models
It’s uncertain how much longer the current model will remain in the lineup — even before the recent major update to the 2016 LX 570, the LS is the oldest vehicle by far. Very likely, it will be the next model to receive a major next-generation redesign.
Regardless, this update is more about the sentiment than the result — making changes to a nine-year-old vehicle is a clear reflection of the brand’s commitment to quality. A small gesture, sure, but also Lexus at its very best.
For more information, please refer to the Lexus USA press release.