Lexus USA has announced the 2016 IS model, which will include three engine options for the first time:
- The new IS 200t is available as RWD only, and features a 2.0L inline four-cylinder engine and eight-speed automatic transmission. Power is rated at 241 hp and 258 lb.-ft. torque at 1,650-4,400 rpm.
- The new IS 300 AWD with 255 hp and 236 lb.-ft. torque at 2,000-4,800 rpm, featuring a modified 3.5L V6 engine paired to a six-speed automatic transmission.
- The IS 350 will continue in both RWD and AWD configurations, and is powered by the 3.5L V6 producing 306 hp and 277 lb.-ft. of peak torque with an eight-speed transmission.
Other changes for the 2016 model year include the following:
- Standard 18-inch five-spoke alloy wheels for IS 350 models
- Heated steering wheel available as a standalone option
- New Premium Plus Package with power/tilt telescopic steering wheel and rain-sensing wipers
- Available Lexus Enform Service Connect
- Eight exterior colors: Eminent White Pearl, Ultra White Metallic (exclusive to F SPORT), Nebula Gray Pearl, Silver Lining Metallic, Atomic Silver, Obsidian, Redline, and Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0 (exclusive to F SPORT).
IS 200t Photo Gallery
IS 300 AWD Photo Gallery