AutoNetwork has posted the full video of a recent Lexus presentation on the CT 200h, and it has plenty of information on how the new hybrid hatchback will be sold in the US.
Be forewarned, this is the full hour long presentation, but Brian Bolain & Charles Hubbard keep it interesting:
CT 200h Overview
CT 200h Technical
CT 200h Marketing
CT 200h Q&A
Some interesting points I noticed:
- With its 42 mpg fuel economy, the CT 200h will have the best overall fuel economy in the luxury market.
- Lexus is expecting 75% of all CT 200h purchase will be made by people new to the brand.
- Expected volume in the USA is 1,000 units a month.
- Online sales configurator is getting revamped, and will now make Lexus Luxury Care, the brand’s pre-paid scheduled maintenance package, a part of the process.
- Test drives can be scheduled online.
- Only one grade of CT 200h available in the USA, with only a handful of option packages.
- March 1st, 2011 is the official launch date.
- Pricing will be announced in the first week of December.
- There will be four (!!!) CT 200h launch commercials.
- The HS wasn’t able to bring new buyers to the brand, instead sharing the same market as the ES. The CT 200h targets a different demographic.
Only a couple more weeks until final pricing is announced, and deliveries starting in March — can’t wait to start seeing the CT out on the roads.