Lexus has official announced the Nürburgring package for the LFA, bringing an even deeper performance focus to the upcoming supercar.
The package includes:
- A larger front spoiler, fin-type side spoilers and a fixed rear wing
- Maximum power is upgraded 9.8hp/10PS, which helps the LFA maintain its 3.7s 0-100km time and maximum speed of 325km/h even with the increased downforce produced by the new aero parts.
- Gear shift time has been reduced to 0.15 seconds (as compared to the “standard” LFA shift of .2 seconds)
- The suspension has been adjusted, making it even sportier (!!!).
- Exclusive mesh-type wheels and dedicated high-grip tires are also included.
- Exterior colors limited to Matte Black, Black, White or Orange.
- Interior colors limited to black and red, black and purple or pure black.
- Nürburgring package owners will also be offered the chance of individual instruction on the Nordschleife by one of the Nürburgring chief instructors and will receive a one-year pass for Nordschleife driving.
The LFA Nürburgring package is limited to just 50 units within the total LFA production run of 500, in effect creating rare version of an already extremely limited supercar. Here are high-rez versions of the earlier photo leaks:
The full press release is included after the jump.
Lexus offers the Nürburgring package for LFA, a track- focused option for hardcore customers
· Aimed at the LFA customer wishing even more track performance
· Enhanced aerodynamic performance for increased downforce
· Output boosted to over 570PS to maintain performance
· Shift time reduced to just 0.15 seconds for quicker gear changes
· Limited to just 50 units within the 500 LFA total production
In celebration of its third outing at the Nürburgring 24h race, Lexus has created the Nürburgring package for those LFA customers who prefer their car to be a little more track-focused.
The standard LFA already performs very well on circuits, but to improve track driving even further, the aerodynamic performance of the LFA with Nürburgring package will be modified through revisions and additions to several key CFRP components – a larger front spoiler, fin-type side spoilers and a fixed rear wing all combine to offer improved high speed downforce.
With maximum power boosted by 10PS to over 570PS, the new Nürburgring package will ensure the LFA continues to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 3.7 seconds, and on to a maximum speed of 325 km/h, despite the additional drag that comes from increased downforce. In addition, the gear-shift time will be decreased by 0.05 seconds to only 0.15 seconds for even faster gear changes.
In terms of handling modifications, the LFA with Nürburgring package will feature a sports tuned suspension, exclusive mesh-type wheels and dedicated high-grip tyres.
Available only in Matte Black, Black, White or Orange, the Nürburgring package-equipped LFA’s exterior will be complemented by a choice of three interior colour schemes – black and red, black and purple or just black. All come with a carbon fibre centre console and door trims, whilst the carbon fibre bucket seats will be trimmed in Alcantara.
Those LFA customers specifying the Nürburgring package will also be offered the chance of individual instruction on the Nordschleife by one of the Nürburgring chief instructors (should they require it), and will receive a one-year pass for Nordschleife driving.
The Nürburgring package is offered within the 500 unit production run of the LFA, and will be limited to a maximum of 50 units.