Welcome to the new and improved TPP!
At first glace it might not look like a big change, but I’ve made a big switch with the software powering the site, moving from Drupal back to WordPress. Don’t worry, even if you don’t know what I’m talking about, the difference is going to be apparent. Let’s get to a rundown of some new features:
- First of all, there should be some substantial speed improvements — from my tests it’s a 900% increase, if you can believe it.
- The Lexus Model Database is now in much better shape, I’ve built it into a real section that’s easy to update and navigate, making it an actually useful feature on the site.
- Comments are now threaded! This is probably the thing I’m most excited about. Also, I’ve implemented Gravatar support, meaning that commenters can use avatars.
- There were huge problems with the old commenting system, and I never knew when people had left comments unless I checked manually. That’s been fixed as well.
- The biggest change is the improved support for advertising. No longer buried, I’ve increased the available options to accommodate an significant interest in banner spots.
Kevin RE Watts
Editor, The Passionate Pursuit