- Scheduled for a late-spring 2009 release in the US, summer 2009 in Europe
- Features an aluminum three-panel roof that opens in just 21 seconds (currently the world’s fastest three-panel roof)
- Shares hood, headlamps, door handles and mirrors with the IS sedan, all other body panels have been reworked to blend with the retractible roof
- Features the same powertrain as the IS sedan
- Suspension and body structure have been revised to maintain the expected Lexus noise levels
- The convertible has a drag Coefficient is 0.29, the sedan is 0.27
- Features a new fog-lamp design
- Rear overhang has increased 2 inches to improve trunk space (Two golf bags in coupe config, one in convertible)
- Front doors have been extended 11.8 inches compared to the IS sedan
- Quick one-touch automatic mechanism allows easy access to back seats
My initial impression? Love the overall shape, with the exception of the front/rear balance. The trunk lid is bulky, sure, but the thing that’s most noticeable to me is that two extra inches in the rear overhang. It makes the front end look really stubby.
What do you think?