Lexus has announced the 2014 model year GS 350, which will now be equipped with the same eight-speed transmission seen on the IS F & new IS F SPORT.
Other improvements have been made to the USA edition of the 2014 GS model:
- Flush mounted sensors for available Intuitive Park Assist
- Full color display added to optional Heads-Up Display
- Available Blind Spot Monitor adds Rear Cross Traffic Alert and power-folding mirrors
- Luxury Package changes: LED foglamps, Superchrome finish for 18-inch wheels, and the rear armrest control panel display adds display option to view radio station and song title information.
- Optional power trunk opener
- Night View system discontinued
- iPhone SIRI Eyes-Free system from Apple, which lets you call contacts, select and play music from iTunes, and use Apple Maps turn-by-turn navigation.
These improvements are an impressive update to a model introduced just last year, the eight-speed transmission is exactly what the GS needed. Nice to see Lexus applying the Kaizen practice of “continuous improvement” at such a fast pace.