A Lexus IS 350C F-Sport special edition is on its way to the USA later this month, and will feature the following upgrades over the standard IS 350C:
- Newly designed 19-inch forged alloy wheels with a wheel lock set and Michelin Pilot Sport 225/35ZR19 tires in the front and 255/35ZR19 tires in the rear
- Front and rear brake upgrade for a firmer pedal feel and enhanced fade resistance
- New and unique F-Sport grille not previously available
- Shock set developed in cooperation with Bilstein
- Lowering springs that reduce the ride height approximately one-inch in the front and rear
- Sway bar set that helps reduce body roll and provide flatter cornering
- Embroidered floor mats with F-Sport logo
- Leather-wrapped shift knob with F-Sport logo
- Exterior badging and an individually numbered badge on the center console
This IS 350C F-Sport special edition will have a MSRP of $57,500 and is limited to just 100 units. Only two exterior colors, Tungsten Pearl or Obsidian, will be offered.
So far no photos (the photo above is of an earlier IS 350C loaded with F-Sport parts), but most of the announced upgrades are already available individually at dealerships. There are two exceptions—first are the new 19” alloy wheels, which I’m going to guess are the same that were seen on the TRD IS-C at SEMA last year:
The other new option is the new grille, which is likely identical to the grille found on the UK/Canadian IS F-Sport package:
The full Lexus press release after the jump.
Lexus Introduces 2010 IS 350C F-Sport Special Edition
• Only 100 Units Will Be Produced
• Features F-Sport Performance Accessories and Unique Grille
• Interior with Numbered Badging and Blue Contrast Stitching
TORRANCE, Calif. (March. 8, 2010) – Lexus today announced the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $57,500 for the 2010 IS 350C F-Sport Special Edition which will arrive at dealerships later this month. The MSRP does not include a delivery, processing and handling fee of $875.
“The F-Sport Special Edition builds on the IS 350C and takes the fun of the convertible up another notch,” said Mark Templin, Lexus Division group vice president and general manager. “The F-Sport accessories on this car were precision engineered specifically for this vehicle, allowing us to provide sport-tuned performance without sacrificing ride quality.”
This 2010 IS 350C Special Edition was designed to engage driving enthusiasts with the performance and styling enhancements from the F-Sport accessories line. This IS 350C, only available in two colors, Tungsten Pearl or Obsidian, can be distinguished from other IS convertibles by the following F-Sport equipment:
• Newly designed 19-inch forged alloy wheels with a wheel lock set and Michelin Pilot Sport 225/35ZR19 tires in the front and 255/35ZR19 tires in the rear;
• Front and rear brake upgrade for a firmer pedal feel and enhanced fade resistance;
• New and unique F-Sport grille not previously available;
• Shock set developed in cooperation with Bilstein®;
• Lowering springs that reduce the ride height approximately one-inch in the front and rear;
• Sway bar set that helps reduce body roll and provide flatter cornering;
• Embroidered floor mats with F-Sport logo;
• Leather-wrapped shift knob with F-Sport logo;
• And exterior badging and an individually numbered badge on the center console complete the uniqueness of this vehicle.
The IS 350C F-Sport Special Edition also comes with black leather-trimmed seats with sporty blue contrast stitching. Other Special Edition standard features include heated and ventilated front seats with wood trim; Bi-Xenon HID headlamps with Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS); headlamp washers; and Lexus Navigation. The hard disk drive (HDD) navigation system has a seven-inch VGA touch-screen, Bluetooth® phonebook download capabilities, a rear back-up camera, Voice Command casual-language voice recognition system, Lexus Enform, XM® NavTraffic, XM® NavWeather, and XM® Sports and Stocks. XM services include a complimentary 90-day trial subscription. It is also features the new telematics system Lexus Enform™ with Safety Connect™ (includes complimentary one-year trial subscription).
“The IS 350C F-Sport Special Edition is a unique package of style and excitement. With only 100 units available nationwide they’ll sell out fast to customers who want power, performance and a little more fun under the sun,” said Templin.