Lexus debuted a special edition this weekend at The Quail Event: The GS 450h Bridgehampton Concept:
From the display plaque:
In the late 1950’s, and through the “glory” days of the ‘60s, affluenty sports car racers descended on a unique racing circuit near Sag Harbor on Long Island to test their mettle and their machines. Known simply as Bridgehampton, it played host to some of the most revered sports cars, and their drivers, the world of motorsports has ever known. Names like Chaparral, Hall, McLaren, Holme, Lofa and Gurney all left an indelible impression there.
The Lexus GS 450h Bridgehampton concept was inspired by memories of that incredible era, and seeks to carve out its own place as a unique performance interpretation of a modern high-performace luxury hybrid sedan.
In addition to all of the standard features found on the GS 450h, the Bridgehampton adds:
- Unique ‘Moon Dust Silver’ exterior color
- Contrasting interior stitching on seats and trim
- Full leather covered steering wheel
- Fender side vents with Bridgehampton logo
- Hood accents
- Exhaust pipes exit through a modified rear bumper with mild aero diffuser
- High performance braking system with larger aluminum calipers and crossed drilled rotors supplied by StopTech
- Eibach adjustable-height springs/shock units
- Custom wheels by HRE
- Michelin Pilot PS2 high performance tires
- Custom exhaust system
There’s some solid performance customization with the Bridgehampton concept, and paired with the cosmetic tweaks, give the car a nice character boost. There was no mention of availability or cost.
Agent 001 of Autospies, who discovered the GS 450h Bridgehampton Concept in Lexus’ Quail Tent, also interviewed a Lexus representive, here’s the video: