Lexus has released the first part of their 2008 price list, with plenty of information to go with it. Let’s break it down by model, shall we? (All prices are in USD)
2008 RX 400h
The base price of the RX 400h remains unchanged for both front-wheel-drive ($41,180)and all-wheel-drive ($42,580), and will be spruced up with the following features:
- Redesigned front grille
- New chrome exterior door handles
- New finish on the five-spoke, 18″ wheels
- A body-color rear spoiler
- Seven new exterior colors: Smoky Granite Mica, Golden Almond Metallic, Classic Silver Metallic, Breakwater Blue Metallic, Brandy Wine Mica, Desert Sage Metallic and Matador Red Mica
2008 SC 430
Unchanged for the new year, the SC 430 will still retail for $65,455.
2008 GX 470
There will be a slew of changes to the GX 470, with only a modest price increase of $180, bringing the base MSRP to $46,815. What’s new with the GX?
- New dark metallic finish on the front grille
- Chrome roof rack side rails
- Liquid graphite on the standard 17-inch alloy wheels
- Clear rear combination lamp turn signal lens cover
- Two new exterior colors: Salsa Red Pearl and Desert Sage metallic
- New interior Brown Walnut wood trim and a chrome finish on the front door speaker grilles
- Third Row Seat with Rear Air Conditioner option reduced by $1545, now priced at $485
2008 IS 250 & IS 350
The IS 250 with manual tranmission, IS 250 with automatic transmission, and the IS 350 all see a price increase of $200, bringing them to $30,455, $31,625 and $35,905 respectively. The IS 250 with automatic transmission and AWD actually drops $200, to $34,085. What’s new to the IS model in 2008?
- New finish to its standard 17-inch wheels
- Backlighting on the outside power mirror control
- White illuminated scuff plates
- An additional coin holder
The ES 350 is thin on updates, and also sees a price increase of $250, for a base MSRP of $33,720. The only changes are:
- Restyled outside rear-view mirrors
- Two rear interior personal lamps
LS 460/LS 460L
The LS 460 remains unchanged in 2008, save for an additional exterior color: Opaline Pearl. There will be a price increase of $500, for a $61,500 base MSRP.
The LS 460L also jumps $500, to $71,500, and will now have the option of a new Air Suspension Package, which includes:
- 19-inch five-spoke alloy wheels with 245/45R19 all-season tires
- Variable Gear Ratio Steering
- Adaptive Variable Air Suspension
No pricing on the new Air Suspension Package was released.
The 2008 RX 350 has already been released, so where are the prices for the GS model? One can only assume the GS is receiving more than an exterior facelift, a new engine perhaps?
[Source: The Auto Channel]